Well I have to say, Shasta LOVES my bean mix, I also steamed some veggies, blended them a bit, and mixed in for a healthy breakfast. It gives me pride to see a bird eat my healthy birdie treats, unlike picky dexter who will nibble.
Things last night went well, he gradually got over his attempts to strike while walking by the cage (which is normal for a new frightened bird). We watched some television, and I covered him before Dexter (this gives Dex the alpha big dog feeling, kinda like the older brother).
This morning I uncovered Dexter and gave him reassurance he was still the captain of the ship, and did a little bonding time, then uncovered Shasta and let him have his alone time, while he woke up. I was told he is not a morning bird, and I can relate, it's all how you get woken up. I am a cranky mutha if you don't wake me up correctly. I took a few snap shots...
No comments:
Post a Comment